Tuesday, April 9, 2013

grandma project/prints

While doing an unexpected/emergency flood clean out of my closet (groan) I ran across my bag of prints from the last time I was at the darkroom. These two stopped me. I have had to set aside the project on my Grandmother's house for so long that it actually pains me. But, alas...
These prints are of my Grandfather's garage. It had been cleaned out and a couple days after I shot these, the sale of the house closed and it was subsequently ripped down. My writing "Leslie was here" probably dates back to when I was 8 years old. That chalkboard was some sort of time capsule for me. How often do you have a record of your writing and drawings in such a transitory media a chalk? It makes me happy to have shot this. A self portrait of sorts.


No comments:

Post a Comment